Thursday, October 27, 2011

august quick race recap

the beginning of August started with an apartment hunt and a return to work after the two week trip to Alaska.

august 13th - the first ever Mt. Sneffells Marathon - Ouray, Colorado - I love ouray.... I love colorado!!! this was a tough little marathon in between the towns of Ridgeway and Ouray (an out and back).  it was  a nice mountain trail run will lots of rolling hills and a few semi-steep climbs. it was slow but yet fast. it was good to be back in the elevation (8,000 ft) and it was good to see the flopping 'fro of Nathan Coury coming at me as he was doing the half marathon which started at the full marathon,s turnaround point. then, moments after crossing the finish line and getting my medal I climbed into my car and drove straight back to Phoenix (9 hr drive).

august 14th - ARR summer series race #5- the final race of the summer seriesand one of my favorites- south mountain 5k - that is right...i drove straight back from Colorado just to run in a 5k!

August 19th -drive back to Colorado!!!!!

August 20th - 40 miles of pacing duties at the Leadville 100 for my brother Michael Miller - what an honor! Thank you Mike - it was something that I will cherish forever!

august 27th - Leanhorse 100 - South Dakota on the Mickleson Trail- after pacing near 11,200 ft just the weekend before this race I was ready for this flat and fast course at about 5,500 ft. This was a fun trip with Lori Hickernell, Jay Danek, and Deb Bliss. Thank god for the final 6 miles of hills because they allowed me to snap out of my flat sickness and squeak out my first sub24 hr race.


August 20th - pacing duties at LEADVILLE for my brother Michael Miller - 40 miles in Heaven with Mike...what an honor! Thank you Mike!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason the august 20th post showed up at the end of this post as well and I can't take it off..oh we'll...lol

    ReplyDelete